Friday, June 5, 2009




Spinach Salad with feta and mandarin oranges

This recipe is from my new cookbook called "The biggest loser family cookbook." I've been trying to change the way that I cook for my family without losing all the fun and taste. I really like this cookbook because it tells me how many calories for each meal and the author really knows what she's talking about. I have learned a lot and the meals are some of our favorites now!

This calls for:

14 cups loosely packed spinach leaves, stems removed

1 (10 1/2)can unsweetened mandarin oranges in juice, drained (about 1 cup)

1 1/2 ounces finely crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese

1/2 cup red onion slivers

6 tablespoons light balsamic vinaigrette ( I just use 1 1/2 tsp. olive oil and 1 Tab. Balsamic Vinegar per serving)

4 chicken breasts (cooked with salt,pepper, and garlic is how I like mine)

In a large salad bowl, combine the spinach, oranges, feta, and onion. Pour the vinaigrette over the mixture and toss. Divide the salad among 4 dinner plates or large salad bowls. Top each with Chicken. Serve.

Per Serving: 240 calories, 31 g protin, 17 g carb, 6 g fat(2 g saturated, 68 mg cholesterol, 5 g fiber, 469 g sodium.

Don't forget to add the diet cola for a special treat:)

1 comment:

  1. Erin! Both of these recipes look amazing! I can't wait to try them! We are grilling this week! love you!

    ReplyDelete